[Qemu-discuss] Qemu host cpu freq passing to guest

From: Paul Roland
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Qemu host cpu freq passing to guest
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 21:01:31 +0100

Hello, nice work being done here, I have an usual or unusual situation:
I am limiting the CPU Frequency in the host for power and other reasons. Now, I do set the freq to 2.4 via cpupower (off 2.8GHz) but qemu still reports full 2.8GHz to guest although the host is advertising 2.4GHz
Question, would an easy patch a line or two here and there "tell" qemu to use the registers from the host to reflect the cpu freq set?
Any information would be appreciated, thank you very much

Paul