[Qemu-discuss] Output multiple I/Os

From: Seth K
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Output multiple I/Os
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2016 16:56:49 -0400

Hello, I am writing because I am trying to emulate and debug some code for an ARM chip. My goal is to have QEMU emulate the code and output all 8 UARTs/USARTs, some GPIOs, and some SPIs to the host Linux machine into /dev/uart1 ... /dev/uart8, /dev/gpio1 etc. However I can only seem to find examples of outputting UART1 to the console/dev/socket/etc. but nothing else. How do I output more I/Os, or is what I am trying to do even possible?

Other details: my host machine is 64-bit Ubuntu. The exact chip I'm using is a cortex-m4 chip which isn't suported in QEMU, but it has only minor differences (like more UARTS) from a cortex-m3. So I am modifying the stm32f205_soc (cortex-m3) chip and netduino2 board. I'm hoping the changes will be minor.

Thanks,
Seth