[Qemu-discuss] Enabling multiple guest monitors

From: Michael Thayer
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Enabling multiple guest monitors
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2016 20:59:13 +0100

(Hope this is the right list for the question. I am not subscribed, so I would appreciate a CC on answers!)

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could give me a hand getting Qemu working with multiple monitors, preferably virtio-gpu, otherwise qxl. I am trying to get Fedora 25 to work better under VirtualBox, and want to compare with how it works under Qemu. Currently known problems on our side are that Mutter is not sending dirty rectangle information when using software rendering and that absolute input from the tablet emulation is not translated to the right co-ordinates inside the guest (I think Mutter expects one tablet per monitor, which we currently do not do, and that any other Wayland compositor might potentially do this differently). I am particularly interested in the second issue.

I am currently using Qemu from git, with all default configuration parameters except SDL ABI 2.0. I am starting it with max_outputs=2. sysfs in the guest says that the second output is present but not connected. So far I have not found a way to enable it; I am sure that I will eventually do so between reading the Qemu source and looking at code paths in gdb, but if someone has a hint for me it would be very helpful.

Regards and thanks,

Michael
--
Michael Thayer | VirtualBox engineer
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | D-71384 Weinstadt

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
Hauptverwaltung: Riesstraße 25, D-80992 München

Hertogswetering 163/167, 3543 AS Utrecht, Niederlande Handelsregister der Handelskammer Midden-Nederland, Nr. 30143697