Re: [Qemu-discuss] Coldfire 5282 Support

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Coldfire 5282 Support
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2017 11:37:47 +0000

On 31 October 2017 at 22:10, William Mahoney <address@hidden> wrote:
> But of course the code writes to the interrupt controller
> mask registers to enable and disable things. How does this
> get “wired in” to qemu? I will need to tell it “yes you can
> generate interrupt 27 now”?
>
> Just aim me at a good example if you know of one.

Interrupt controllers are all in hw/intc/. They're just devices
with some input lines (incoming interrupts), some output lines
(signalled to the CPU), and some registers (controlling the
logic of when they raise/lower their output lines). (For
some guest CPUs they don't actually model the line between
interrupt controller and CPU specifically, but have a function
call that does it.)

There must already be an interrupt controller for your
guest CPU type, so look at what it does.

thanks
-- PMM