[Qemu-discuss] Why does qemu-img produce trace files?

From: Ciro Santilli
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Why does qemu-img produce trace files?
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 22:26:55 +0100

I noticed that qemu-img was producing some trace files when I compiled
with --enable-trace-backends=simple.

What is the point of tracing qemu-img?

I thought trace events were supposed to represent execution related
things, like "an instruction got executed" and so on.

I also noticed that qemu-img --trace help and strings trace-* are the
same, so it must be some kind of index?

qemu-system-x86_64 also produces those files when I don't give it any traces.

Can you turn the generation of those traces off when no events are
given to -trace enable=?