Re: [Qemu-discuss] LEON2 emulation not merged

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] LEON2 emulation not merged
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2019 10:40:10 +0000

On Thu, 3 Jan 2019 at 10:32, Juan Rafael García Blanco
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Sorry, I’m quite new to QEMU. I meant there is no support for any LEON2
> machine, i.e. '-M help’ shows a leon3_generic machine, but nothing about
> LEON2. I was not aware of the -cpu option, sorry; but yes, in my build there
> is also a LEON2 CPU.
>
> I guess LEON2 CPU emulation support is not useful for some situations, if it
> cannot be bundled with timer and irq units that are part of the machine.

Ah, I see. If LEON2 has specific devices or a
machine model it needs then yes, I guess it's
just that nobody has (yet) done the work of getting
them in shape to merge upstream. (That needs somebody
who's familiar with and interested in the hardware,
and also with some ability with C; it may require
disentangling code changes into a set of coherent
reviewable patches.)

thanks
-- PMM