Re: [Qemu-discuss] Questions about FlexCAN support in QEMU

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Questions about FlexCAN support in QEMU
Date: Fri, 31 May 2019 10:05:53 +0100

On Fri, 31 May 2019 at 04:25, Shengtuo Hu <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does QEMU support FlexCAN?
>
> I found some related information in the "qemu-devel" mailing list (link
> <https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2017-10/msg05535.html>), but
> cannot find anything about FlexCAN in the master branch of QEMU repo (
> https://github.com/qemu/qemu/search?q=FlexCAN&type=Code).

Based mostly on doing a quick search of the source code, we have
CAN bus support in principle, but we don't have that particular
iMX7 FlexCAN device emulation.

The patch you link to would not be of any real help to you
because it doesn't emulate any functionality -- all it is
doing is "anything written to a register can be read back".

thanks
-- PMM