Re: [Qemu-discuss] qemu 4.0, spice and dual monitor

From: Brad Campbell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] qemu 4.0, spice and dual monitor
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 14:05:37 +0800

On 9/9/19 4:54 pm, Frans de Boer wrote:
LS,

After some months I needed Qemu with two displays again. The last time I used it was with the latest 3.x version, without problem.

You guessed already that it did not work anymore. So, I started to add the "-display spice-app", changed to sockets after finding out that communication via TCP did also not work anymore - only to find out that this did not worked as well. In the passed I got two windows - remote viewer 1 and 2. Now I get remote viewer 1 and 1, where the second one stays blank.

Searched the internet for a full example qemu + spice, only to find the configurations for qemu 3.x.
I am using - just as before - OpenSuse Tumbleweed.

Can anybody help with this?

This works for me on Qemu 4.1.0 (and current git head). It has worked unmodified since prior to v2.9.

qemu -enable-kvm \
 -m 8192\
 -rtc base=localtime\
 -vga qxl\
 -device qxl\
 -net nic,model=virtio\
 -net tap,ifname=tap0,script=/etc/qemu-ifup,vhost=on\
 -usbdevice tablet\
 -spice port=5930,disable-ticketing\
 -device virtio-serial\
 -chardev spicevmc,id=vdagent,name=vdagent\
 -device virtserialport,chardev=vdagent,name=com.redhat.spice.0\
 -smp 3,maxcpus=3,cores=3,threads=1,sockets=1\
 -cpu qemu64,hv_relaxed,hv_spinlocks=0x1fff,hv_vapic,hv_time \
-drive file=/server/VM/Cadbox.raw,if=virtio,aio=threads,format=raw,cache=unsafe -boot c \ -drive file=/server/VM/Cadbox_swap.raw,if=virtio,aio=threads,format=raw,cache=unsafe \

This gives me a Windows 7 guest with dual-head.

Regards,
Brad
--
An expert is a person who has found out by his own painful
experience all the mistakes that one can make in a very