[Qemu-discuss] qemu x86 STI followed by RET fails to enable interrupts.

From: alarson
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] qemu x86 STI followed by RET fails to enable interrupts.
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 20:54:29 -0500

One of my developers has reported that when qemu x86 (version 3.0.0) sees
an STI instruction (enable interrupts, but defer one instruction before
doing so), and the next instruction is a RET (return from subroutine),
then interrupts are never enabled.  If a "nop" is inserted between the STI
and the RET, then everything works as expected.  I checked the changelog
from 4.1.0 back to 3.0.0 and I didn't see a fix for this.

If anyone has a quick patch, I'd be happy to check it out :-)