Re: [EXTERNAL]: Re: QEMU

From: Mike Russo
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL]: Re: QEMU
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 20:40:40 +0000

The FTP command in Solaris 2.6, 7, and 8 doesn't even support passive mode FTP, so even assuming you set up an FTP server on your Windows host it wouldn't work. But you can set up SSH on Solaris 2.6 if you have the proper packages. There are a lot of new packages out there on this site: http://jupiterrise.com/tgcware/sunos5.6_sparc/stable/
I would recommend getting the wget package for sure, since then you can more easily download whatever else you want from this site. In order to install SSH you'd have to get the openssl and openssh packages (and maybe other packages like iconv and readline, definitely the prngd package for random numbers) - maybe you should just download that entire folder from that site and put it all into an ISO file and attach it.
I actually just found this site in a google search so I'm not sure how their SSH packages need to be set up (aside from the usual pkgadd) but once you get it installed and running, then in the QEMU host you can direct port 22 to it and it will be easier to get files off and on.

--
Michael Russo, Systems Engineer PaperSolve, Inc. 268 Watchogue Road Staten Island, NY 10314 Your random quote for today: Practice is the best of all instructors. -- Publilius