Re: KVM and Networking access

From: Narcis Garcia
Subject: Re: KVM and Networking access
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 08:36:31 +0100

Same IP as host: Not possible (host and guest are 2 machines).

Own IP at same LAN level as host:
A) Attaching VM tun/tap device to host's bridge (see bridge-utils too)
B) Another host physical NIC attached to VM; Others can tell better how
to passthrough this device to VM.

If the only to reach is guest's webserver (TCP 80,443) there is a really
simpler solution (example with rtl8139 as guest virtual NIC):
$ qemu -device rtl8139,netdev=net0 -netdev
user,id=net0,hostfwd=tcp:0.0.0.0:80-:80,hostfwd=tcp:0.0.0.0:443-:443

(this is the user mode networking, where guest is isolated in its own
LAN, but here we are forwarding 80,443 ports from host NIC/IP to guest,
same as a WAN/LAN firewall does)

El 10/11/19 a les 19:24, Ruben Safir ha escrit: