Re: Which kernel version meet the needs, when run QEMU 5.1 on kunpeng 9

From: Sid Spry
Subject: Re: Which kernel version meet the needs, when run QEMU 5.1 on kunpeng 920 ARM serever?
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 11:10:18 -0500

On Wed, May 20, 2020, at 3:11 AM, address@hidden wrote:
> How can I figure out which kernel version will meet the needs if I am
> using Qemu 5.x on huawei KunPeng 920 ARM server, which will fully use
> the hardware supported feature on this kind of server?
>
> Is there any basic mathod out there to quickly find out?

What do you mean by features? If you mean CPU virtualization features, -machine
accel=kvm and -cpu host will enable everything that can be enabled.

Hardware devices need to be explicitly passed in.

If you use a modern distribution's kernel it will have modules for all qemu
devices available by default.