Re: Add Custom Machine in Qemu-4.2.0 or newer

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: Add Custom Machine in Qemu-4.2.0 or newer
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2021 11:15:22 +0000

On Wed, 3 Nov 2021 at 14:04, abhijeet inamdar
<abhijeetinamdar3005@gmail.com> wrote:
> In a machine definition can there be a two different "cpu-type"
> ( say ARM M or A or R)that can be emulated ? (if it make sense)

Currently a machine can have multiple CPUs as long as
they are from the same guest architecture. So you can
have both Arm M-profile and A-profile CPUs (including
mixing 32-bit only and 64-bit CPUs). But you can't
have combinations like an Arm CPU and a PPC CPU.

I think the only mixed-CPU-type board we have in
QEMU at the moment is one of the Xilinx boards which
has both Cortex-R5 and Cortex-A53 CPUs.

-- PMM