Preferred host system for Raspberry Pi platforms?

From: Jason Fulenchek
Subject: Preferred host system for Raspberry Pi platforms?
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2022 22:25:53 +0000

Hi there,

I am new to Qemu but I have a project to emulate/virtualize 2 Raspberry Pi systems:

Computer 1 - Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3

Computer 2 - Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.2 (4GB RAM if this matters)

Qemu looks like it will be very nice for my use case!  It seems some Qemu versions/host OS versions might be easier to use than others.

I don’t really have a preference with regard to what host OS we use for this project.

So my question is on which host OS or Qemu version would be easiest to implement these systems and any blockers for either of these two Pi platforms in particular (or both concurrently) you could point me at?

If this scenario has been covered in detail somewhere please let me know!

Thank you so much!

Jason