openSuSE_15.4, KVM/QEMU, no audio to VM (also OpenSuSE_15.4)

From: Doug Parsons_
Subject: openSuSE_15.4, KVM/QEMU, no audio to VM (also OpenSuSE_15.4)
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2022 13:39:31 -0500

Several years ago, replaced my CentOS machine--ran KVM/QEMU, maybe 1/2 dozen VM.
Got latest components, huge memory, huge disk, lots of cores. Converted to OpenSuSE 15.2 in the process.

After all was said and done, built openSuSE 15.2 VM, no sound,. I did nothing special in the CentOS days, so I did nothing here.
Fiddled over a month, here and there, reading, posting, internet searches, LinuxQuestion forum, openSuSE forum -- to no avail, just gave up and forward "you gotta see this" emails to my iMac -- or ignored.

When upgraded to 15.3, didn't mess with it, just got End Of Life notice.

Just recently upgraded to openSuSE 15.4, noticed some updates of Pulse Audio, so I've renewed interest in solving.

Again, searched, read, pondered, tried things.
Again, posting in the two forums/virtualization, got funny suggestions, but those that looked real, researched & tried.
No Avail.

So maybe you folk.

Where can I look?
What can I try?

I use
    # virsh
to look and manipulate settings for the KVM.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Enjoy,

    -doug

--
Our job is to love others without stopping to inquire
whether or not they are worthy.