qemu won't log files (probably user error)

From: IndignantHomeless
Subject: qemu won't log files (probably user error)
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2022 15:23:31 +0000

Could anyone explain how to get the Qemu to output a log file into a specified directory so I could cue the "-cpu ?" and "-M ?" commands without having to belligerently slam on the pause button?

I've tried "-monitor stdio" invoking log page,unimp,guest_errors and it never outputs a file.
I also tried "-D *\a log.txt" (​*=variable path directory) with and without premade text file.

Any further input would be nice!