Assignment of interrupt numbers to Virtio devices in the guest

From: Arnabjyoti Kalita
Subject: Assignment of interrupt numbers to Virtio devices in the guest
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2023 12:20:12 -0500

Hello all,

I would like to determine or identify the interrupt numbers that are
allocated to virtio devices when the guest is initialized.

I am using virtio-net and virtio-blk devices in QEMU and the command
line I use is specified below:

sudo ./qemu-system-x86_64 -m 1024 --machine pc-i440fx-2.5 -cpu
qemu64,-kvmclock,-kvm_pv_eoi -smp 2  -enable-kvm -netdev
tap,id=tap1,ifname=tap0,script=no,downscript=no -device
virtio-net-pci,netdev=tap1,mac=00:00:00:00:00:00 -object
filter-replay,id=replay,netdev=tap1 -drive
file=~/os-images-for-qemu/ubuntu-16.04.7-desktop-amd64.qcow2,format=qcow2,if=none,id=img-direct
-device virtio-blk-pci,drive=img-direct

Can I use the output of /proc/interrupts in the guest to compute the
interrupt vector numbers for virtio-net and virtio-blk? I am not sure
if there is a 1:1 correspondence between the interrupt number in
/proc/interrupts and the actual interrupt number assigned to virtio
devices.

Additionally, are there other programmatic ways in QEMU for me to
identify the interrupt numbers?

Thanks,
Arnabjyoti Kalita