Re: Query Max CPUs

From: Thomas Huth
Subject: Re: Query Max CPUs
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2023 13:13:38 +0100

On 09/01/2023 22.21, Colton Lewis wrote:
Is there a way to query the maximum number of CPUs suppoted by the
current emulator?

I found
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2013-03/msg02109.html

That seems close to what I want, but the command isn't in the current
QMP reference manual.

You could use the "query-machines" QMP command - it returns a "cpu-max" information for each available machine type.

I'd also prefer not going through QMP if possible because my working
environment does not have the qmp-shell script handy.

If you don't mind parsing the QMP output manually, you can also simply run QEMU with "-qmp stdio" and then paste these two lines into the console:

{ "execute": "qmp_capabilities" }
{ "execute": "query-machines" }

 HTH,
  Thomas