How to cripple Linux guest's entropy pool?

From: Robert Henry
Subject: How to cripple Linux guest's entropy pool?
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2023 14:42:37 -0800

Running stock Ubuntu Linux, where host=linux, guest=linux, arch=aarch64, I want the guest linux kernel to use a fast, high bandwidth, low latency, insecure and deterministic source for "entropy" as exposed in the guest on /dev/urandom.  Put another way, I do not want the guest to block during boot with the log msg: random: 69 urandom warning(s) missed due to ratelimiting

How do I go about doing this?  I see several QEMU features invoked when QEMU is started that plumb the host's entropy source through to the guest.  I want something like this, but using my own source of "random" numbers.  I don't care if this is done at QEMU invocation time, or at guest linux kernel boot time.

Thank you!