qemu-ppc

[Qemu-ppc] Help getting started

From: Nathan Beasley
Subject: [Qemu-ppc] Help getting started
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 15:03:24 -0600

I am trying to get QEMU running using the mpc8544ds machine type and I am completely new to QEMU.

I've been trying for the last couple days and looking through old mailing lists and forums and just not making any progress.

I was able to downloaded/build Qemu 2.0 without issues.

I was able to get the powerpc running off of Aurelien's debian images without an issues.
(qemu-system-ppc -hda debian_squeeze_powerpc_standard.qcow2 -nographic)

I've spent the last day trying to get this or the Freescale BSP images running using these and some other variations. When I do these I get no output.
(qemu-system-ppc -M mpc8544ds -hda debian_squeeze_powerpc_standard.qcow2 -nographic)
(qemu-system-ppc -M mpc8544ds -kernel uImage -nographic)

I have tried running them with -

My goal here is to just get started and have an image up and running so when I start trying to build an image from source I know I have a working environment.

Any suggestions on where to go from here to get a basic image running or source for a sample image to get off the ground?

Thanks in advanced for any help
Nathan

This e-mail may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR) Confidential and Proprietary Information. If this message is not intended for you, you are strictly prohibited from using this message, its contents or attachments in any way. If you have received this message in error, please delete the message from your mailbox. This e-mail may contain export-controlled material and should be handled accordingly.