qemu-ppc

Re: [Qemu-ppc] [Qemu-devel] should we update QEMU's u-boot submodule and

From: Alexander Graf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] [Qemu-devel] should we update QEMU's u-boot submodule and binary?
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 12:44:49 +0200

On 12.07.17 12:34, Thomas Huth wrote:
On 11.07.2017 20:22, Alexander Graf wrote:

On 11.07.17 19:43, Peter Maydell wrote:
Hi; I just noticed that our u-boot submodule is still stuck on
a commit from 2014 when it was first added to QEMU. Should we
move this forward to some more recent u-boot release?

I think we only use this for our ppc e500 rom...

It probably makes sense to update the e500 rom and bump the submodule to
the latest U-Boot release along the way, yes.

U-Boot 2017.07 just got released, so now is quite a good point in time
to do so.

I think we should rather update the submodule to commit 79c884d7e4 since
that is the level that is used for the pc-bios/u-boot.e500 binary (see
http://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=commitdiff;h=d4574435a6530bbd96ae13 ).

Why not update both?

The problematic mv_gen_reg.h is also not part of that commit level anymore.

Alex, could you please send a patch for the update? Or shall I prepare one?

I tried to compile U-Boot from 2017.07 earlier, but don't have a working ppc build environment anymore :(

Alex