[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Qemu-ppc] [Qemu-devel] [PULL 0/6] ppc patch queue 2017-08-09

From: Philippe Mathieu-Daudé
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] [Qemu-devel] [PULL 0/6] ppc patch queue 2017-08-09
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 08:43:27 -0300
User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/52.2.1

Hi David, Peter,

On 08/11/2017 05:59 AM, Peter Maydell wrote:
On 11 August 2017 at 09:51, David Gibson <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 01:47:03PM +0100, Peter Maydell wrote:
On 9 August 2017 at 08:03, David Gibson <address@hidden> wrote:
I haven't completed a Travis build for this, which is part of my usual
test regime, since the first dozen or so Travis builds are failing
more often than not on master as well.  I don't know why this is -
seems to be failing some of the x86 tests.

Doesn't look much worse than usual to me -- of the last 24 travis
builds for master 4 failed and 20 passed.

Uh.. that's not been my experience.  I was a bit unclear in my
description, though.  Until maybe a week and a half ago I found the
Travis build was fairly reliable, though there were occasional
transien failures.  Now, essentially every Travis build is failing for
me.  Specifically most of the first dozen or so of the batch of build
configurations on Travis fail (that's "X" not "!").  These seem to be
transient failures in the sense that if I rebuild enough times they'll
eventually pass, but unlike earlier when the builds would suceed most
of the time, they now seem to succeed at best around 1/3 of the time
(that's ~1/3 of the time for each configuration sub-build, so with a
dozen or so apparently affected that means a complete passing build
essentially never).

See for example https://travis-ci.org/dgibson/qemu/builds/263312174
where 5 subbuilds have failed (which is relatively few).  In each case
the failing error seems to be something like:

ERROR:tests/vhost-user-test.c:807:test_connect_fail: child process 
(/i386/vhost-user/connect-fail/subprocess [55883]) failed unexpectedly

Seems to be i386 in some cases and x86_64 in others.

Yes, I'm experiencing the same (but a bit more frequent with i386 than x86_64).

Weird. https://travis-ci.org/qemu/qemu/builds is the master
build history and as you can see it's mostly greens.
Not sure why your setup would be significantly worse:
maybe one of the travis submaintainers has an idea.
It could just be our vhost-user-test is flaky but I don't
know why that should hit you much more than master...

No clue, I started to think repositories with less frequent builds are deployed on faster hardware.

Will keep the list informed if there are some improvements.



reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]