[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [PATCH v7 0/8] Pegasos2 emulation

From: BALATON Zoltan
Subject: Re: [PATCH v7 0/8] Pegasos2 emulation
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2021 13:24:59 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 16 Mar 2021, Laurent Vivier wrote:
Le 16/03/2021 à 12:49, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé a écrit :
On 3/16/21 10:01 AM, Laurent Vivier wrote:
Le 15/03/2021 à 13:33, BALATON Zoltan a écrit :
On Sat, 13 Mar 2021, BALATON Zoltan wrote:
On Wed, 10 Mar 2021, BALATON Zoltan wrote:

I've started posting this series well in advance to get it into 6.0 and yet it 
seems like it may
be missing it due to organisational issues (no real complaints were found with 
patches but
Philippe seems to like more review that does not seem to happen as nobody is 
interested). Looks
like David is waiting for an ack from Philippe but will be away next week so if 
this is not
resolved now it may be too late on Monday. To avoid that:

David, could you please send an ack before you leave for the last two patches 
so it could get
committed via some other tree while you're away?

Philippe, if you can't ack the vt82c686 patches now are you OK with taking the 
whole series via
your tree before the freeze? That would give you some more days to review and 
it could always be
reverted during the freeze but if it's not merged now I'll have to wait until 
the summer to get it
in again which would be another long delay. I don't think this will get more 
reviews unless it's
in master and people can start using and testing it better.


Since David seems to be away for this week before seeing my mail asking for an 
ack from him, now
this can only get in by Philippe or Peter. (David said before he'd be OK with 
the series if Philippe
acked it so I think that can count as an implicit ack and it could always be 
reverted before the

Philippe, do you have anything against this to get merged now? If not please 
send a pull or ack it
so it has a chance to be in 6.0 or tell if you still intend to do anything 
about it before the
freeze. This series was on the list since January and the remaining parts you 
did not take are here
since February 22nd and the version after your first review since two weeks so 
it would be nice to
sort this out and not block it any further without a good reason.

Pegasos looks like a New World PowerMac, so perhaps Mark can help?

The PPC part is mostly reviewed. The problem is the first patch:
"vt82c686: Implement control of serial port io ranges via config regs".

vt82c686.c is a Fuloong 2E file, why Fuloong 2E maintainers are not involved in 
the review?

Philippe is MIPS maintainer and he was involved and reviewed most patches. Huacai did not respond much and Jiaxun's email adress is constantly stripped by the list so whenrver I add him it will be lost the next time. He seems to be more interested in Fuloong 3 anyway so did not respond much either.

All in all I think there's just not enough interest in these machines/devices so my stance is that if it does not break anything just take it now and then we'll have enough time for further review, fixing or reverting during the freeze. Whereas if this is kept pushing back then nothing will happen with them for the next 2-3 months then we'll be back to here and miss the next release as well.


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]