qemu-ppc

target/ppc: sPAPR invalid function calls when compiling without TCG

From: Lucas Mateus Martins Araujo e Castro
Subject: target/ppc: sPAPR invalid function calls when compiling without TCG
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 18:28:26 +0000

Hi, I have been working on billionai's patch to enable the --disable-tcg option on PowerPC and one of the problems is that 5 files in hw/ppc use functions implemented in mmu-hash64.c which is not compiled with --disable-tcg, I'd like to know how to correct the spapr function call, should I
  • change the calls to generic functions that should call the correct function based on if kvm is being used or not,
  • should I just implement said functions independently of mmu-hash64.c and always call them,
  • should I just implement said functions independently of mmu-hash64.c and only call it with --disable-tcg option turned on,
  • find a way to not have said calls when compiling without TCG as they're not necessary,
  • just create a stub

Here's when each function is called by each .c:
spapr.c:
    function do_lpcr_sync call ppc_store_lpcr

spapr_hcall.c:
    function h_enter call ppc_hash64_hpte_page_shift_noslb, ppc_hash64_map_hptes and ppc_hash64_unmap_hptes
    function remove_hpte call ppc_hash64_map_hptes, ppc_hash64_unmap_hptes and ppc_hash64_tlb_flush_hpte
    function h_protect call ppc_hash64_map_hptes, ppc_hash64_unmap_hptes and ppc_hash64_tlb_flush_hpte
    function h_read call ppc_hash64_map_hptes and ppc_hash64_unmap_hptes
    function rehash_hpte call ppc_hash64_hpte_page_shift_noslb
    function rehash_hpt call ppc_hash64_map_hptes and ppc_hash64_unmap_hptes

spapr_rtas.c:
    function rtas_start_cpu call ppc_store_lpcr
    function rtas_stop_self call ppc_store_lpcr

spapr_spapr_cpu_core.c
    function spapr_reset_vcpu call ppc_store_lpcr
    function spapr_cpu_set_entry_state call ppc_store_lpcr

spapr_caps.c:
    function cap_large_decr_cpu_apply call ppc_store_lpcr
    function cap_hpt_maxpagesize_cpu_apply call ppc_hash64_filter_pagesizes