qemu-riscv

Re: [RFC 00/65] target/riscv: support vector extension v0.9

From: Richard Henderson
Subject: Re: [RFC 00/65] target/riscv: support vector extension v0.9
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 09:41:14 -0700

On 7/12/20 7:02 PM, Frank Chang wrote:
> Does decodetree support any feature for multi-version opcodes?
> Or if it can use something like C macros to compile with the opcodes by the
> vspec
> user assigned? If there's any good way to keep both versions, then I can try
> rearrange
> my codes to support both vspecs.

There is a way, using { } to indicate where overlap is allowed.  The trans_*
functions checks the ISA version, and return false.  Which causes the next
matching overlapping pattern to be used, etc.  Have a look at some of the ARM
decodetree files.

But since Alisair is happy dropping 0.7.1 support, we should do that.  It will
be cleaner not to have to retain the backward compatibility.

r~