[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [PATCH v1 RFC Zisslpcfi 1/9] target/riscv: adding zimops and zisslpc
Re: [PATCH v1 RFC Zisslpcfi 1/9] target/riscv: adding zimops and zisslpcfi extension to RISCV cpu config
Wed, 15 Feb 2023 18:20:11 -1000
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:102.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/102.7.1
On 2/15/23 15:46, LIU Zhiwei wrote:
We can rearrange the patch set as follows:
1. Implement the zimop extension.
2. Implement the forward cfi only for system mode.
3. Implement the backward cfi only for system mode.
4. Carefully make the forward cfi can work on user mode.
5. Carefully make the backward cfi work for user mode.
I don't think we can easily make cfi work on user mode. So we can also ignore the 4 or 5,
This is a good ordering. Similar to how we implemented CFI for AArch64.
I strongly suspect that you will need to defer 5 until the Linux uabi is defined. It will
require some mmap bit (MAP_* or PROT_*) which libc will use to define shadow stacks for
But having the system support in means that you can work on the corresponding