qemu-s390x

Re: [qemu-s390x] [RFC 00/19] KVM: s390/crypto/vfio: guest dedicated cryp

From: Christian Borntraeger
Subject: Re: [qemu-s390x] [RFC 00/19] KVM: s390/crypto/vfio: guest dedicated crypto adapters
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 12:06:18 +0200

On 10/16/2017 11:27 AM, Martin Schwidefsky wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Oct 2017 13:38:45 -0400
> Tony Krowiak <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Tony Krowiak (19):
>>   KVM: s390: SIE considerations for AP Queue virtualization
>>   KVM: s390: refactor crypto initialization
>>   s390/zcrypt: new AP matrix bus
>>   s390/zcrypt: create an AP matrix device on the AP matrix bus
>>   s390/zcrypt: base implementation of AP matrix device driver
>>   s390/zcrypt: register matrix device with VFIO mediated device
>>     framework
>>   KVM: s390: introduce AP matrix configuration interface
>>   s390/zcrypt: support for assigning adapters to matrix mdev
>>   s390/zcrypt: validate adapter assignment
>>   s390/zcrypt: sysfs interfaces supporting AP domain assignment
>>   s390/zcrypt: validate domain assignment
>>   s390/zcrypt: sysfs support for control domain assignment
>>   s390/zcrypt: validate control domain assignment
>>   KVM: s390: Connect the AP mediated matrix device to KVM
>>   s390/zcrypt: introduce ioctl access to VFIO AP Matrix driver
>>   KVM: s390: interface to configure KVM guest's AP matrix
>>   KVM: s390: validate input to AP matrix config interface
>>   KVM: s390: New ioctl to configure KVM guest's AP matrix
>>   s390/facilities: enable AP facilities needed by guest
>
> Overall I am quite happy with the patches, only minor things I would
> like to see improved. We have to agree how we want to approach the
> upstream process between my s390/linux tree and the s390/kvm tree.
> Probably a tip branch again for the both tress to pull from.

Thanks a lot for the review of the zcrypt patches. Its very good to know
that these base changes are ok with you.

Regarding merging: yes, this should be a tip branch then. Before that, we
have to finalize the interface and design to make sure that the changes
will work throughout the whole stack (kvm/vfio/qemu/libvirt).