qemu-stable

Re: Qemu installation error from source

From: Asmita Jha
Subject: Re: Qemu installation error from source
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2020 06:04:33 +0530

Hi Stefan,
ThanksĀ  for your response. I am not sure I compiled libbz2.
Because while installing qemu from source , I just followed the steps as mentioned in wiki.
I am noob in this field.

I tried using ./configure --static, it gave an error as attached in screenshot.

Thanks & Regards
Asmita

On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 at 18:42, Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 06:17:06AM +0530, Asmita Jha wrote:
> Greetings,
> I had been trying to install qemu from the source. I tried both the methods
> given on https://www.qemu.org/downloads/#source
> And also as given on https://wiki.qemu.org/Hosts/Linux
>
> But in all cases ,I am getting same error every time. Screenshot attached.
> Request you all to kindly look into this.

Could it be that you have a statically compiled libbz2 but are building
a dynamically linked QEMU?

Does QEMU ./configure --static ... help?

Stefan