qemu-stable

Re: Qemu installation error from source

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: Qemu installation error from source
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 11:37:29 +0100

On Wed, Jul 01, 2020 at 06:04:33AM +0530, Asmita Jha wrote:
> Thanks  for your response. I am not sure I compiled libbz2.
> Because while installing qemu from source , I just followed the steps as
> mentioned in wiki.
> I am noob in this field.
>
> I tried using ./configure --static, it gave an error as attached in
> screenshot.

In the screenshot the linker cannot find the library dependencies needed
to build QEMU.

There are Dockerfiles that show how to build QEMU on a number of Linux
distributions. For example, the Fedora Dockerfile is here:
tests/docker/dockerfiles/fedora.docker

This could help you in setting up the environment (which packages are
needed, etc).

Stefan