qexo-general

RE: [Qexo-general] Syntax questions

From: Eric Safern
Subject: RE: [Qexo-general] Syntax questions
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 21:36:24 -0800

Thanks so much for responding while on vacation!

That function works great!  However, I'm having
trouble with the parser - the following code fragment:

$ cat GetFortune.xql

define function Rand ($mn, $mx) { 2
}

define function render_page($ck) {
let
        $newline := "
",
        $header1 := unescaped-data("<?xml version='1.0' ?>"),
        $header2 := unescaped-data("<?xml-stylesheet type='text/x
sl' href='GetFortune.xsl'?>")

return
        {$header1, $newline, $header2, $ck, $newline}
}
<snip>

produces the following message:

$ java -cp
/usr/share/kaffe/servlet.jar:/home/esafern/work/kawa/kawa/kawa-1.6.99.jar
kawa.repl --xquery ./GetFortune.xql
./GetFortune.xql:13:3: missing PrimaryExpr
./GetFortune.xql:13:3: missing '}'
./GetFortune.xql:13:47: missing ')' - saw  @:46
./GetFortune.xql:14:2: missing PrimaryExpr
./GetFortune.xql:14:2: missing ')' - saw  @:1
gnu.mapping.UnboundSymbol: Unbound symbol render_page
        at gnu.expr.Interpreter.getDefaultSymbolValue(Interpreter.j
ava:609)
        at gnu.expr.Interpreter.getSymbolValue(Interpreter.java:616
)
        at atInteractiveLevel.apply(Unknown Source)
        at gnu.mapping.CallContext.runUntilDone(CallContext.java:23
9)
        at gnu.expr.ModuleExp.evalModule(ModuleExp.java:188)
        at kawa.Shell.run(Shell.java:232)
        at kawa.standard.load.loadSource(load.java:134)
        at kawa.standard.load.apply(load.java:239)
        at kawa.Shell.runFile(Shell.java:295)
        at kawa.repl.main(repl.java:603)
$

I can suppress this message by placing a tag before the expression:
return
        {$header1, $newline, $header2, $ck, $newline}

but this breaks the page - the browser no longer recognizes the output
as xml.

Any thoughts?

Also, have you seen my two earlier questions?  For some reason, my posts
aren't appearing in the threaded view of the mailing list archives
http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/qexo-general/2002-December/thread.html,
but they *are* in the raw text view
http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/qexo-general/2002-December.txt.

                                Thanks,