qexo-general

Re: [Qexo-general] Class loader exception

From: Per Bothner
Subject: Re: [Qexo-general] Class loader exception
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 23:35:28 -0800

Phil Shaw wrote:
Unhandled Java Exception: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0
 at gnu.bytecode.ArrayClassLoader.loadClass(ArrayClassLoader.java:118)
 at gnu.expr.ModuleExp.evalToClass(ModuleExp.java:118)
 at gnu.expr.ModuleExp.eval(ModuleExp.java:43)
 at gnu.expr.ModuleExp.evalModule(ModuleExp.java:185)

-------------------------------------

I mention the compression consideration (possibly a red herring)
only because it's the only difference I can see between
this environment and the 3 Java environments I've run the
stuff with no problem.

I don't think we can really help you with this one.
The problem seems to be internal to java.lang:
The ClassLoader.defineClass method is calling
defineClass0, which is not a standard method.
Even if uncompressing kawa caused a problem, it
would presumably not show up in a call from
ClassLoader to ClassLoader.

I suspect it's just a bug in your Java environment.
Perhaps no-else has tested this use of ClassLoaders.

Also, you could trying building Kawa from source
(on some other environment), and just point your
classpath at the resulting tree, without using a jar at all.
--
        --Per Bothner
address@hidden   http://www.bothner.com/per/