qexo-general

[Qexo-general] some Qexo improvements

From: Per Bothner
Subject: [Qexo-general] some Qexo improvements
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 13:36:02 -0700

I checked in some improvements:

The '|' or 'union' operator is now implemented.

The 'declare xmlspace' declaration is implemented, which should now correctly handle "Boundary whitespace" in element constructors.

Optional function returns are now handled. Some type specifiers would generate bad bytecode; these should now be fixed.

The path expression re-write seems to be working pretty well. However, there are still a few pieces missing; there may be a performance regression because old optimizations need to be retro-fitted; and the code needs to be cleaned up here and there. I'm also going through a lot of the "Use Cases" that the W3C working groaup put out, and getting them to work.

Bottom line: We're close to having a complete implementation of xpath functionality. I.e. most of XPath 2.0, ignoring that many standard functions are still missing, we ignore comment and processing instructions nodes, we don't have 'some' or 'every' expressions, etc.
--
        --Per Bothner
address@hidden   http://per.bothner.com/