qpimd-users

Re: [qpimd-users] qpimd in FreeBSD?

From: Everton Marques
Subject: Re: [qpimd-users] qpimd in FreeBSD?
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 10:00:11 -0300

Hi,

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 4:52 AM, bored to death
<address@hidden> wrote:

> i'm having a quagga router on FreeBSD for my company for a while now. for
> some reasons i now need to add PIM support to my router. i googled and found
> this fine qpimd patch for quagga that seems to be my only change to have PIM
> support with quagga. i downloaded qpimd source for "quagga-0.99.15" and
> applied the patch file and the it executed successfully. but now quagga
> doesn't build and returns errors about aclocal and automake versions and
> existence and other build-related stuff, and i couldn't make it work.
>
> so here are my questions:
> 1-the documentation says qpimd is for linux. can the patch file be used on
> FreeBSD too, or it doesn't work there?
> 2-if the answer of 1 is no, is there any modified qpimd patch or other
> source that could be applied in FreeBSD?
> 3-how can i get rid of these ugly build-related errors after applying the
> patch. or is there any version of qpimd patch that doesn't modify these
> things in quagga Makefiles?

1- Since I didn't tried it myself, I can't tell if qpimd would work on FreeBSD.
The first task is to check whether the FreeBSD kernel mroute API
differs from Linux.

2- As far as I know, no.

3- Do you have GNU Build Tools (Automake) installed ? If so, after applying
the patch, and before building, try: autoreconf -i --force
Please notice 'gawk' is also usually needed to rebuild with autotools.
Otherwise, you can post the build-related errors here so we can take a peek.

Cheers,
Everton