quilt-dev

Re: [Quilt-dev] Using quilt on OS X 10.4.x

From: Seth Falcon
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Using quilt on OS X 10.4.x
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 06:37:57 -0800

On 31 Oct 2005, address@hidden wrote:
>> Q1: Can anyone confirm that quilt will work on OS X 10.4
>
> Yep, been using it for a few months now.

Good to hear.

> You need this patch:
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/quilt-dev/2005-09/msg00282.html
>
> If you go through the thread that message appears in, you might
> find the other patches I posted in that series to be useful for OSX
> too...

OK, thanks for the pointer to the thread.

I also got an off-list response pointing me to an in development fink
package:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1293991&group_id=17203&atid=414256

Along with instructions:

  just drop the files attached there into /sw/fink/dists/local/main/
  finkinfo and you should be able to fink install quilt.

Since I already had fink installed, I tried this.  Still needed an
install of coreutils to get gnu date, but after that it seems to be
working.

To the quilt developers: Is there any chance that support for OS X
will be merged in?  Or are the changes required to drastic?

Thanks all,

+ seth