quilt-dev

Re: [Quilt-dev] I can't compile quilt!

From: Kaz Kylheku
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] I can't compile quilt!
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2012 13:27:15 -0700

On Thu, 5 Jul 2012 21:00:01 +0300, Охрименко Александр
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Please help!
> I compile quilt from openwrt software http://openwrt.org [1] and get
> error (( I cant compile firmware openwrt for my wi-fi router (( Full
> log locate here : http://pastebin.com/i1Abmj2s [2] Please help me if
> you can...

You have some kind of quoting issue.

According to the build output, GCC is being called with this
argument:

  -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"quilt\ 0.48\"

It looks like the backslashes are being processed before this is
turned into a shell command, and so it splits into two arguments:

  -DPACKAGE_STRING="quilt
  0.48"

Is this PACKAGE_STRING something set by the OpenWRT build system
(via exporting CFLAGS or whatever?)  I don't see any PACKAGE_STRING
in the quilt 0.48 sources.

Anyway, the build system should not be passing in random CFLAGS
that are not a documented part of a project's build interface.

As a workaround, try editing the OpenWRT build steps so
that CLAGS is not passed down to quilt's configuration or
build. Unset the variable if it is exported, and remove any references
to it from make invocations.