quilt-dev

Re: [Quilt-dev] goto a special patch

From: Kaz Kylheku
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] goto a special patch
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 12:27:42 -0700

On Sat, 21 Jul 2012 20:57:51 +0200, Sascha Manns
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello Kaz,
>
> You wrote at Samstag, 21. Juli 2012, 11:40:17:
>> Let's assume that "go to one" means you want to work with patch one,
>> not necessarily making it the top patch. There are two cases:
>>
>> 1. Patches two and three do not have any conflicting changes (do not
>> affect
>>    the same files) as patch one.
>>
>> 2. Patches two and three have conflicting changes: they apply changes
>> on top
>>    of some of the same files as patch one.
> Ah ok. In my case it is (1). I want to add and modify a already present file
> in the sourcecode. Actually a quilt add adds the file to the latest patch on
> top.

You can add files to a non-top patch.

There is some decent built-in help in quilt, by the way. Any
command takes -h for a usage summary:

$ quilt add -h
Usage: quilt add [-P patch] {file} ...

Add one or more files to the topmost or named patch.  Files must be
added to the patch before being modified.  Files that are modified by
patches already applied on top of the specified patch cannot be added.

-P patch
        Patch to add files to.

Cheers ...