quilt-dev

Re: [Quilt-dev] Packages required to compile doc/main.tex

From: Martin Quinson
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Packages required to compile doc/main.tex
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 14:22:49 +0200

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 07:08:49PM +0200, Ondřej Lysoněk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just throwing this information out there in case someone (future me, for
> example) finds it useful.
>
> On Fedora, in order to compile doc/main.tex I needed to install the
> following packages:
>
> texlive-latex texlive-subfigure texlive-metafont texlive-mfware
> texlive-cyrillic texlive-collection-langcyrillic texlive-cmap
> texlive-cm-super
>
> It might be useful to document this somewhere.

I agree that this information is useful. In Debian, we compile the
page with hevea instead of texlive. This eases this problem, as the
hevea package is sufficient to build the page. I guess that it takes
care of pulling the needed dependencies, or something.

Likewise, (it seems that) running hevea once is enough to resolve all
the internal references.

Of course, the above information remains useful to the users of
texlive. I'm just a bit surprised by the need of texlive-cyrillic and
texlive-collection-langcyrillic. I could provide the corresponding
names for Debian and derivatives if you want. I have to do some tests
for that.

Thanks,
Mt

--
A language that doesn't affect the way you think about programming
is not worth knowing.  -- "Epigrams in Programming", by Alan J. Perlis