qvm86-devel

[qvm86-devel] Qemu freezes

From: consul
Subject: [qvm86-devel] Qemu freezes
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 19:25:41 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

If I run Windows XP on Qemu (Windows XP or 2000 host, yesterday's CVS patches)
with either kqemu or qvm86 enabled and double click the clock on the Windows'
taskbar, Qemu freezes badly - it won't shut down and won't let windows shutdown
gracefully. The only option is to physically power of the system. I googled
around and found a couple of references to the same problem (one of them here
http://www.h7.dion.ne.jp/~qemu-win/ ), but was not able to find any solution.

I would think the problem is in the accelerator device driver, but since it
affects both kqemu and qvm86, I think maybe the bug is rather in how qemu calls
the driver?

Does anybody know of a fix to this problem?

Alex.