radiusplugin-users

[Radiusplugin-users] openvpn crashes, well sort of

From: Symon Fenton
Subject: [Radiusplugin-users] openvpn crashes, well sort of
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 10:55:47 -0500

I'm running openvpn with the Radiusplugin, on high usage servers and low usage servers. They are each touching the same freeradius server.

On the high utilized servers, one of the openvpn daemon's crashes, and will no longer take connections. It appears existing connections stay up. I have a cron job that detects when the crash has happened and restarts openvpn, but that's not a long term solution. I don't see anything in the logs that tell me something is up.

Server is Ubuntu 8.04. openvpn 2.1rc7, Radiusplugin 2.0c.

Radiusplugin.cnf
NAS-Identifier=OpenVpn
Service-Type=5
Framed-Protocol=1
NAS-Port-Type=5
NAS-IP-Address=10.25.10.19
OpenVPNConfig=/etc/openvpn/udpserver.conf
subnet=255.255.255.0
overwriteccfiles=true

udpserver.conf
daemon
port 1194
proto udp
dev tun
ca keys.crt
cert cert.crt
dh dh1024.pem
server 10.9.0.0 255.255.0.0
ifconfig-pool-persist udpipp.txt
push "redirect-gateway def1"
push "dhcp-option DNS 10.200.28.183"
keepalive 10 120
comp-lzo
persist-key
persist-tun
status openvpn-udpstatus.log 1
verb 3
mute 4
mute-replay-warnings
plugin /etc/openvpn/radiusplugin.so /etc/openvpn/radiusplugin.cnf
client-cert-not-required
username-as-common-name

Regards,

Symon