Re: [RP] ratpoison configuration howto updated

From: Jonathan Walther
Subject: Re: [RP] ratpoison configuration howto updated
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 03:58:38 -0800

On Sat, Mar 26, 2005 at 10:23:53PM +1100, Trent Buck wrote:
Spake Jonathan Walther:
definekey top Scroll_Lock /usr/X11R6/bin/xlock -mode blank

Try "definekey top Scroll_Lock exec /usr/X11R6/bin/xlock -mode blank"

You can use xmodmap -pke to list all the bound keysyms.

Thanks Trent.  That works, and also reveals a problem I've been having
with using the "Print" and "Sys_Req" keysyms to take screenshots!

Here is my ratpoison config line:

 definekey top Print exec import -silent -window root ~/scr-$(date
+%Y%m%d%H%M%S).png

Here is the output of xmodmap -pke

 keycode  92 = Print Sys_Req
 keycode 111 = Print Sys_Req

When I configure xbindkeys to use keycode 111 directly, everything works
as I wish.  How do I tell ratpoison to use keycode 111?

Better yet, how do I find out which key is keycode 92?  I only see one
Print/Sys_Req key on my keyboard.  Why is X attaching those keysyms to
key 92?

Perhaps this is a ratpoison bug?  Is ratpoison assuming that a keysym
will only be bound to ONE key, so not detecting when I hit keycode 111,
because it things "Print" only applies to keycode 92?

Jonathan

--
It's not true unless it makes you laugh, but you don't understand it until it makes you weep.

Eukleia: Jonathan Walther
Address: 12706 99 Ave, Surrey, BC V3V2P8 (Canada)
Contact: 604-684-1319 (daytime)
Contact: 604-582-9308 (morning and evening)
Website: http://reactor-core.org/
Puritan: Purity of faith, Purity of doctrine
Puritan: Sola Scriptura, Tota Scriptura