Re: [RP] ratpoison key binding

From: Paul Boren
Subject: Re: [RP] ratpoison key binding
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 15:40:35 -0500

On 3/16/06, Aaron Griffin <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 3/16/06, Florian Cramer <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, 16. März 2006 um 08:46:00 Uhr (-0800) schrieb evaristegalois:
> > >
> > > Thank you for the suggestions but they did not help. The path for all
> > > three,
> > > xbindkeys, xterm, and emacs is in my $PATH env var.
> >
> > Maybe your $PATH is only defined in your shell, but not for your X11
> > session. Make sure to source your environment variables in your
> > ~/.xsession /  ~/.xinitrc
>
> Also, try C-t,: (a colon)
> and type "exec xterm" to see if it starts

I encountered this problem a while back and tried troubleshooting it
that way.  As it turned out, the unicode version of xterm was
installed on that machine.  There's got to be a better way to do this,
but I wound up just specifying the exact path to xterm in my
.ratpoisonrc file as follows:

bind c exec /usr/bin/x-terminal-emulator
bind C exec /usr/bin/x-terminal-emulator

-- Paul