Re: [RP] Focus problems

From: Lich 0x2B
Subject: Re: [RP] Focus problems
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 12:39:41 +0200

I can confirm this. Didn't bump into it before, but I get the same thing.

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 9:47 AM, Brian May <address@hidden> wrote:
I have have this focus problem several times now, it basically requires either
clever thinking or restarting the X server to recover.

To reproduce (I think - I don't want to try again right now):

1. open firefire.
2. type c-t ! to open up the ratpoison prompt.
3. select some text from the firefox window.

The firefox window now has this focus. There does not appear to be any way of
restoring focus to the ratpoison command prompt. Clicking in it does nothing.
Any ratpoison command sequence results in the ratpoison window flashing, but
focus is not restored. This in turn means it is not possible to change to
another window, start new programs, etc. In fact opening new windows from
firefox doesn't seem to work either.

Somehow I did recover last time, not sure what I did. Basically I right clicked
on the firefox window and tried the different options in sequence.
--
Brian May <address@hidden>