Re: [RP] Howto create an overlay window ?

From: assabajanischer_hinterwaeldler
Subject: Re: [RP] Howto create an overlay window ?
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 00:36:38 +0200

hello helmut,

not a real solution at all, but worked as thought:

first start the video in de background, followed by the window in the
front.
the problem is, that the "video" in the fronst most fullfil a limited
size.
to describe it a little more in detail:
i've started a video in the background and a gtk info pane (not sure
which one is used in avidemux). as the gtk info pane is not maximized at
all, both parts are displayed at once.

not a real solution but might be an idea how to modify ratpoison source:
add a possibility to limit the size which is used as frame size.
in addition the position of the slimed "frame" should be part of the
parameter list as well.

second idea is to use a "background movie player". it should replace the
desktop background using the video. perhaps google will help you out
with this idea.

sry for my bad english. but i hope you get the point

hinterwaeldler