Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Errno 27 - File too large

From: Greg Freemyer
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Errno 27 - File too large
Date: 02 Sep 2003 18:04:50 -0400

On Fri, 2003-08-29 at 18:58, Ben Escoto wrote:
> On 29 Aug 2003 16:02:31 -0400
> Greg Freemyer <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I don't know if there is a cygwin python that uses the new large file
> > support or not.  (Does rdiff-backup need python to support large files,
> > or just gcc?)
>
> Needs Python too.

In the last couple of days, cygwin 1.5.3 was released and cygwin python
2.3-2 was also released.

The python part was just done an hour or so ago, so it is likely not at
any mirror sites yet.

Given the above are in use, it is verly likely rdiff-backup in a cygwin
environment will be able handle large files.

Note that large file support is the default for cygwin 1.5.3 so no
changes should be required of rdiff-backup, someone just needs to test
it.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer