Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Can I backup to local AND remote in one operati

From: Wolfe Maykut
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Can I backup to local AND remote in one operation?
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 12:23:07 -0700

        This is similar to something I'd like to do.  The host I'm
doing rdiff-backups onto is a bit unsteady; already I've lost all my
backups twice.  I've thought about using rsync to put it on another
filesystem, but that's a ton of space.  So, here's my other thought.

        I'm doing backups off a netapp image, which keeps the image
around for a month.  If I just rsync the rdiff-backup-data directory
onto a new machine, and then something goes poorly, I could restore
the box, copy the filesystems onto it, and then restore the
rdiff-backup-data directory.

        Does that make sense?  Am I missing anything?

        Thanks muchly,

                --Wolfe

--
Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions.  All life is an
experiment.  -Ralph Waldo Emerson