Re: [rdiff-backup-users] where is --change-source-perms ?

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] where is --change-source-perms ?
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 21:23:48 -0700

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 16:36:26 -0700 Alan <address@hidden> wrote:
> Well, the one directory
> (/mnt/share/var/backups/ufies.org/home/alan/backups/arcterex.net/arcterex/htdocs/gallery/setup)
> had the perms of 000 and the cron email I got before I changed it had
> the following error:
> OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
> '/mnt/share/var/backups/ufies.org/home/alan/backups/arcterex.net/arcterex/htdocs/gallery/setup/.htaccess'

Are you running root on the source side and non-root on the dest side?
If so, a fix for that bug in CVS already.  If not, could you give me a
bit more detail on your setup, as whether source or destination or
both are remote, and which sides if any are root?

> Previous backup seems to have failed, regressing destination now.

Presumably this line was from the next session?

--
Ben Escoto