Re: [rdiff-backup-users] omitting missing files

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] omitting missing files
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 12:11:12 -0700

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 10:26:47 -0400 Andy King <address@hidden> wrote:
> I get a few errors such as
>
> UpdateError moses/output/gmvplot0.0026600.dat File changed from
> regular file before signature
>
> The files do not exist in the source directory and are not needed,
> but I cannot seem to figure out how to tell rdiff-backup that this
> is fine.  I thought passing -b would simply overcome this, but
> obviously not.  Is there a simple way of telling rdiff-backup to
> ignore them?  Would removing the .missing files and the .gz files in
> rdiff-backup-data work?

Hmm, how did this error start?  Did you delete that file manually from
the destination directory, or did it happen when you deleted the file
from the source directory (assuming it ever existed)?  Also, does
rdiff-backup finish successfully despite that error?

I don't think removing the .missing and .gz files in the
rdiff-backup-data directory will work, as rdiff-backup is reading it
as a regular file from its separate metadata store.  (You could always
edit that directly though.)

--
Ben Escoto