Re: [rdiff-backup-users] win32 success! and one little problem :)

From: Greg Freemyer
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] win32 success! and one little problem :)
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 10:10:12 -0500

David,

Great work.  I assume you are saying that you have a pure win32 version
working.  ie. No use of the cygwin dll.

That is great.

A couple questions:

Are you using a native win32 /bin/sh, or a cygwin one?

What python are you using (win32 or cygwin)?

Do you need the cygwin.dll installed at all on the installation
computer?

What is the status of backing up:
   Large files (over 2 GB used to be a problem in cygwin)

   ACLs  (Access Control Lists)

   Open files  (Most commercial packages use Open File Manager from St.
Bernard to make this work.  It can be configured for random backup
programs, but I have never tried to configure it before.)

Congratulations on your success.  I tried a get pure win32 version about
a year ago and gave up, so I know it was not a trivial effort.

BTW: it would be great if you could put the above info on the wiki.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer