RE: [rdiff-backup-users] is there a way to disable regression?

From: denis cardon
Subject: RE: [rdiff-backup-users] is there a way to disable regression?
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 07:32:24 -0800 (PST)

Hi Peter,

thanks for your input. Knowing of active rdiff setup
on low bandwidth links make me eager to keep on
testing :-)

As a matter of fact, in normal condition, the backup
runs okay. However, if one day users do create to much
data changes (during a one month testing period, it
just occured once), then I'm stuck...

As for the SSH vs VPN stuff, I'll take a look into it.

By the way, is there any other way to stop a running
rdiff-backup except unpluging the cable or kill-9-ing
the process?

In the mean time, I'll try the 0.10.0 rdiff-backup
version like David suggested in an earlier mail (like
David said, regression was still not a feature at that
time :-)

Thanks for the quick reply.

Cheers,

Denis