[rdiff-backup-users] Question about moving filesystems.

From: Alan Horn
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Question about moving filesystems.
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 11:38:11 -0800 (PST)

I'm currently moving a filesystem to a larger set of disks. This old
filesystem is backed up with rdiff-backup, and I would like the new one to
continue that. It will be mounted and visible as the same path on the
client system,

How will rdiff-backup react to the move. Will it see a whole new set of
files ? Should I use the --no-compare-inode option, and if so is that only
on the first run ?

It's about 40GB of data so I don't want to back it up from scratch and
lose my revision history for this filesystem on the backup server.

Help gratefully received.

Cheers,

Al